Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer

So. Life keeps moving on. Mom told me I needed to do another blogpost....and I thought, what am I supposed to blog about? It's not like I saw the pyramids last week, or went to Petra yesterday. Do people really want to know about how my night at work was, or how my Ultimate Frisbee game went?

I don't know. Maybe you do.

Also, I never take pictures anymore. I took out my camera for the first time last weekend when we went to folklife. That's weird, and boring. My life is boring now. But that's okay. Here, I'll update you:

Besides pleasure reading, my latest project has been organizing all my Jerusalem pictures so I can print them out and put them into a real life album. That's right. REAL. Not just on the computer. You can actually touch it and turn the pages. You may think it's old school, but I like it.

Here is one of the pictures I came across, and I am obsessed with it:
I miss my beautiful roommates



Next up. Monday was Memorial Day. So fun! My friends and I went to Folklife down in Seattle. What a blast. I mean, if you want to see the wonderful and crazy people of this city, go to Folklife. Hippies, musicians, artists; tattoos, piercings, and pot. All of it. And I saw tons of stuff in little shops and stands that I saw in Israel. Except that it was 3xs more expensive here. haha. Good thing I bought it all there! Though I only took a few pictures, here is a sample of what we saw:

WAY creepy.

Strange mirror man.

Also, SO much food. Wonderful food. First we got some delicious corn. Then I got a crepe, with strawberries and whipped cream and chocolate sauce drizzled over and cinnamon and powdered sugar sprinkled on. Divinity. Then I got "Shishkaberries" Chocolate covered strawberries and bananas on a stick. Too bad I didn't take pictures of those, cause there were all so pretty.

To finish off Memorial Day, we went to the Branch picnic at the good 'ole Bothell buildig. We played soccer, which was a blast, though I bruised my ankle hard core (dad said I burst some blood vessels, guess I'm not used to playing without shinguards). And then we feasted on hamburgers, salad, chips, homemade root beer and delectable desserts . Classic.

No matter how much I miss Israel, I will always love the great United States. "God bless America! Land that I love...." 
After living out of the country for a few months, I am definitely more grateful for the freedoms that we hold here in the U.S. Never forget how lucky we are and always thank those who sacrifice for our blessed freedom and liberty.

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Good post, folklife is definitely something worth blogging about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That JRU picture is soooooooooooooo cute. I see why you're obsessed. I wish I could've gone to folklife :( I've still never been. Can't wait to see you next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete