Monday, May 23, 2011

Goals

Ok people.

I am making some goals. Some resolutions. I am going to be BETTER!

Of course, I decided this all last night, a Sunday, when I was all spiritually enlightened from a great day. I always feel like being "better" after a great Sunday. And then Monday rolls around....

But the fact that I am writing this Monday morning means I am still thinking about being good! Its a good thing.

So here they are. I wrote them down at about 1:00 last night.

1. Read scriptures at least 20 min everyday (preferably before 11:00 p.m.)
2. Exercise everyday (if possible)
3. Clean my room (today) and keep it clean. This is includes a massive organization project.
4. Do SERVICE! I am going to be more aware of the people around me and their needs. Whether they are my closest friends and family, or random members of the branch or coworkers, I will be there to make their day better :)

Those are the main ones. I really hope that I don't fail, because I hate that.

But here's the thing. I've been trying to think of a way of doing what Elder Holland asked us to do before we left Jerusalem. He told us that we can't ever forget what we learned, we can't ever go back! So I was struggling to keep my memories and feelings fresh and not feel the pain of missing a chunk of my heart. Also, I just gave a talk in church, which gave me a chance to talk about Jerusalem, but I won't have that many more opportunities to give talks. So now I am going to use my love for the Savior to serve and help others. To be His hands. I think it is the perfect way to keep the Jerusalem spirit with me. And as I serve others, I will forget my own Jerusalem woes and feel as happy as I did during those 4 amazing months. :) I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. I like everything that's going on in this post. I have a lot of similar goals actually, actually I share all of them except for the keeping my room clean part. It's not one of my priorities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad we are working towards the same things. P.S. I am SO excited for you to come home in June! Even if its just for a little while!!

    ReplyDelete