Wednesday, May 11, 2011

life

So. It feels so strange to report that nothing exciting has been going on in my life...what a change.

The post-Jerusalem depression has been getting easier. Most days are perfectly fine, especially if I'm busy hanging out with my friends (which usually consists of sitting at Jamie's talking....maybe playing catchphrase or Mario Cart), and I have work three nights a week to distract me.

Preservation Kitchen is actually treating me pretty well. Its almost fun! I'm getting the hang of the whole hostess and server's assistant thing. And its kind of fun because I get to dress up and look cute, but then I get really jealous of everyone around me having a night out and eating delicious food. Oh well.

Sometime last week I opted to go to bed instead of going to Jamie's after work. So in bed I started looking on facebook...at pictures of Jerusalem friends etc. And guess what? It HIT me. I had this huge ache in my chest like there was a chunk of my heart that was missing. And all I wanted was to be back at the Jerusalem Center with my three incredible roommates, or be back on the bus next to Abby driving somewhere amazing, or be wandering the streets of my favorite city with no care in the world. But...I had to tell my aching heart that it was over. Depressing right?



I realized that this is why I always want to hang out with my friends at night. To distract me from awful experiences such as that.

But other than random hear-wrenching experiences like those, I'm doing great. :)

I need to get another job to supplement the three nights a week that I have. But I'm having fun going to the weekly events. Church on Sunday, FHE Monday, work Tuesday, Ultimate Frisbee Wednesday, work Thursday, partying Friday, and work Saturday and party after work!

See? Life after Jerusalem isn't too bad, right? ...maybe? :)

4 comments:

  1. Sad but true, Jerusalem Withdrawal Symptom. I still feel it and I've been home for 14 years! you are right, the key is to keep busy. and have fun organizing all your pics so you can share them at your first Jerusalem Reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too bad. To help me get over my Jerusalem withdrawals I planned a crazy trip to Asia. More adventures to come my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY EM!!! I just stumbled upon your blog. What an AMAZING experience! So jealous! Look at what a great little adult you are! I still have you frozen as a Jr. Higher in my mind. :D Still love ya! - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christine! Wow I haven't seen you in forever. Hope you're doing well. I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog, it was quite an amazing experience. Something I'm still trying to get over. haha.

    ReplyDelete