Saturday, November 12, 2011

Preference Week?

So my Bishop declared this week "Preference Week" in the ward. What does that mean?? It means the girls are assigned to ask out 2 boys this week. blaaaahhhh

I don't like it.

I never like preference week.
SO, my roommates and I were complaining about it and sort of feeling guilty for not wanting to do it. Therefore, we decided to ask out an apartment of boys to dinner on Sunday.

I'm actually really excited. I love dinner parties. Especially when we cook good food.
Here is the menu so far:
Roast beef
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Homemade Rolls
Some type of vegetable (probably green beans or carrots)
Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert.

I think that looks awesome. Now, whether we can pull it off in the few hours we have after church will be the big question. But I have faith in myself.

But here's the thing. I always...take control, when it comes to dinner. I kind of planned the meal, and i'm planning on cooking the way I want to cook it....ha. At least I always want it to be the way that I'm used to. And sometimes I don't think that other people will make it taste as good, which is not true at all. I guess I am just biased. I believe that Mom's recipes are better than everyone else's, so my mashed potatoes will be better than your mashed potatoes because my mom taught me how to make them. .....I'm crazy. I know. My roommates make wonderful food. They really do. We have some great cooks in this apartment. I'm just weird.

Changing subject: I'M SO EXCITED FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS!!!
Ok, I had to get that off my chest. But really, I am done with tests and papers until finals. So I just feel free (except for the man's shirt that i'm sewing in class that I'm always behind on). It's great.
Happy soon to be holidays.

AND Happy Veteran's day! Let us not forget the wonderful veterans of our country that have served us so well. Thanks to my Father, who served in the Navy for many years. I am very grateful to be living in such an amazing country. Living in the Middle East for 4 months teaches you to be grateful for what we are blessed with as Americans. Don't take it for granted.
God Bless America.

Also, you should watch this to get in the patriotic mood. I was bawling my eyes out. If you're anything like me, you will too.


2 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds amazing! Those are very lucky boys. I too am grateful for all the sacrifices made for our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i want that dinner! your preferred date will be a fortunate fellow. can't wait to come visit you!!

    ReplyDelete