Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spooktacular update

Well, I have been a bad blogger. I apologize. October is a busy month, it is also probably my favorite months (besides December of course).

Come October 1st, the Halloween decorations were up. I tried to warn my roommates, but I think they were still a little in shock. The apartment was transformed into a spooky autumnal wonderland. It made me happy. The first weekend, General Conference weekend, we made Pumpkin pancakes with out FHE brothers.  A great way to start off the month.

Then stress ensued. Unfortunately October is the month of midterms. But I've made it through those.

This month was just so fun! I finally convinced a few of my roommates that Halloween is an awesome holiday, thanks to my endless enthusiasm. We went to Cornbelly's Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point. That was a blast.


Nicolle, Me, Jamie, and Brooke on the Hay Ride! Aren't we cute?

Corn Mazin It

We are so naughty.

I've always wanted to milk a cow! I almost did. 

And we got to jump on a pillow thing.


We watched Hocus Pocus. We carved pumpkins while watching A Disney Halloween Treat. We ate our annual Halloween meal with toasted cheese sandwiches on hamburger buns that look like jack-o-lanterns. Basically my roommates bent under my every whim and fancy. They're great.
Did I mention how much I love my roommates? Cause I LOVE my roommates. They are the best.

So for Halloween the 6 of us dressed up as Disney Princesses. It was a hit! People loved us! Our costumes were legit. And basically I want to wear mine every day of my life...but that could be overkill.
Faith: Sleeping Beauty
Jamie: Belle
Brooke: Rapunzel
Nicolle: Cinderella
Ashling: Mulan
Me?.......OHH GISELLE!

Yes that's right. From Enchanted. And my wonderful and oh so talented mother sewed it from 2 states away! She's awesome.

Mulan not pictured.
My hair. Yes there is a bird on my head and on my shoulder. Best part of the costume in my opinion.
So It was a very fun month. The actual day of Halloween was a little anticlimactic, considering how much we did all month, but it was great anyway. I wore my princess dress all night, unwilling to let Halloween go. But then I had to go to bed.

And now it is November! How time flies. It should be a great month since, guess what? I don't have any tests till finals!! I don't know how that miracle happened, but I'm happy. I am sewing a man's tailored shirt for my sewing class. That is pretty much as much work as 3 tests. But its ok. Its pretty fun and satisfying. And Matt will get to wear the finished product!

Here are the things I'm looking forward to:
This weekend my roommate Nicolle is getting her mission call, and we are having a party because it is also her 21st birthday.
My roommate Faith should be getting her mission call in about 2 weeks!
Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks! And then it's almost Christmas!
We have good times ahead people.

Remember to be grateful this month!! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome Halloweeny blog post! I LOVE the pics - especially the one where your golden locks look so magical! Can't wait to see you in December!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costume was bomb! Lovely as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I must admit, the Giselle dress was a success. Glad to see you find such happiness in simple things.

    ReplyDelete