Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh Galilee, Sweet Galilee

How do I describe Galilee? There are no words to express the beauty and the spirit that we all felt while we were there. Those 10 days made such an impact on my life and are definitely one of the highlights of our experience here in the Holy Land. We did so much! Deciding what pictures to put on my blog was so hard because i want to show everything! And no matter how beautiful the pictures may seem, there is no way I could capture the elegance and grandeur of the landscape and the sweetness of the spirit. 
I'll try to include pictures from every place we went. Enjoy!

The beach at Ein Gev on the Sea of Galilee. This was our backyard.

On top of Mt. Arbel. This gives the perfect view of the northern Galilee, where Christ taught.

The old Roman city of Scythopolis. The picture was taken from the tell-Beit Shean, right above the city.

Tell Beit Shean

Ancient public toiets. Love those boys, and Prof. Judd on the left. :)

The village of Nazareth, with the modern city in the background. 

I'm a natural shepherd.

The Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth. Supposedly built over Mary's house.

Galilee


View from the Mount of Beatitudes.

There is more to come, I promise. This is just a little taste of what I have in store! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Emmy! I never would have guessed Galilee would be so green.

    ReplyDelete